Another part of my role at UWE involves business engagement and knowledge exchange activities. The Bristol Business Engagement Centre supports the work we do to make links between industry-based projects and research and teaching within the University.
My business engagement activities include:
- 2017 – ongoing ISG, Stride Treglown and Godfrey Syrett: Collaborative Research Project £60,000 post-occupancy workspace review with Bristol Business and Law School, University of the West of England
- 2017 – 2018 – Swindon Borough Council: leading ‘Brand You’ module and coach on the ‘Leadership Academy’ programme
- 2017 – The Centre for Coaching and Mentoring, Bristol: Award Sponsorship for PG student prize winner
- 2017 – ongoing Small Business Charter: appointed liaison between the Small Business Charter and UWE Bristol Business School
- 2017 – NatWest ESpark, Bristol: invited guest speaker
- 2015 – Workplace UXB: discussion group with a team of expert work space practitioners, including academics, PR professionals, FM experts, and work space consultants Burtt-Jones and Brewer http://www.burttjonesandbrewer.com/#rethinkingwaysofworking .
- 2013 – Business engagement workshop as part of the Creative Leadership Project, UWE. Presentation and public workshop with Environment Agency, Bristol.
- 2013 – Invited industry presentation on work space at the Environment Agency, Horizon House, Bristol: Women’s Network
- 2013 – Invited industry presentation on work space at the Environment Agency, Horizon House, Bristol: exhibition Bristol Open Doors 2013 http://www.bristoldoorsopenday.org/
- 2011 – Invited industry consultant: ‘Space and the Unmanaged Terrain of Working Life’. Working with the Government Department for Business Innovation and Skills, Whitehall