Another part of my role at UWE involves business engagement and knowledge exchange activities. I have recently taken up the role of Subject Business Associate and now work with the newly formed Bristol Business Engagement Centre (BBEC for short!). This exciting new venture at Bristol Business School aims to make links between industry-based projects and research and teaching within the University.
My current BBEC projects include:
WorkWiseUK: developing the WorkWise UK Mark of Excellence accreditation http://www.workwiseuk.org/
Past business engagement activities include:
- 2015 – Workplace UXB: discussion group with a team of expert work space practitioners, including academics, PR professionals, FM experts, and work space consultants Burtt-Jones and Brewer http://www.burttjonesandbrewer.com/#rethinkingwaysofworking .
- 2013 – Business engagement workshop as part of the Creative Leadership Project, UWE. Presentation and public workshop with Environment Agency, Bristol.
- 2013 – Invited industry presentation on work space at the Environment Agency, Horizon House, Bristol: Women’s Network
- 2013 – Invited industry presentation on work space at the Environment Agency, Horizon House, Bristol: exhibition Bristol Open Doors 2013 http://www.bristoldoorsopenday.org/
- 2011 – Invited industry consultant: ‘Space and the Unmanaged Terrain of Working Life’. Working with the Government Department for Business Innovation and Skills, Whitehall